Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fort Folle Avoine, Danbury, WI, July 18 – 24, 2011

Doyle demonstrates proper puddle jumping
Mike and Susan Riverine Traders

Ed in Top Hat and Colleen in Blue

Once again, it's time to pack up and head up the river to Fort Folle Avoine Rendezvous!

No Doubt about it, this is Doyle's and my favorite Rendezvous! This where we met six years ago, and it just keeps getting better everyday!

This is the only Event where I get to see my Northern Minnesota friends who got me into Rendezvous to begin with, if not for Dan and Stoni, Ed and Collen, I never would have gone to rendezvous, and never would have met Doyle!
Sadly, this past year, Collen passed from among us, she had a brave battle with Cancer that finally took her this Spring.
Until the end, she was a brave soul who fought the odds and won, even making a special trip to Florida to surprise us two years ago.

She was one of my very best friends and always stuck by me no matter what, She and Ed would always call on my Birthday and leave me a singing Birthday message, something I never erased from my messages, and I listen to it often when I think of her.
Dan and Stoni
This location is one of the most beautiful we attend, the Yellow River through a Native Village and the upper field is a gently rolling wildflower field with huge white and jack pines dominating the skyline.

This camp has more camp kids than any other we attend, so many they have to have two candy cannons! It's such a "Feel Good" Event, and we look forward to going every year.

There is always time to chat with friends and just enjoy the peace and solitude of the camp.

Hope to see you there this year, be sure to drop by and see us!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...